We will discuss in detail in this article about Best Guide for Parent: How to Stimulate Baby Brain Development. A human baby is born with 100 billion nerve cells in the brain, but later there are very few connections between them. These nerve cells in human babies become disconnected or damaged for various reasons. Children’s brains develop through a complex network of these nerve cells. Long-term research shows that there are certain types of activities or experiences that you can allow your child to make lasting connections with specific nerve cells in the brain. The funniest thing is that particular actions are easy for anyone!
Here are some things you should know about how to stimulate baby brain development
It is surprising how quickly the intellectual development of newborn babies occurs. Your baby doesn’t know anything about you, but your baby will recognize and respond to your voice for the first four weeks. As you will be mesmerized by your newborn, your newborn will be fascinated by your face and look at you in wonder. When you talk to him, he will look at your face surprisingly. Your baby is learning to notice and remember what your voice or sound looks like and what you look like. When your little one is lying in bed, hanging something brightly colored can make them look at it for a long time. While this may seem like simple interaction, your child is trying to understand and learn concepts like movement and color. (Look for Best Outdoor Baby Swing II Reviews and Buying Guide )
A child’s attention can be captured by progressively presenting more complex high-contrast images to the child’s eyes. Research shows that periods of viewing high-contrast images are more important for children’s cognitive development. Babies use their eyes as their primary source of information until about five months of age. Where and how in the world do they work? Once your baby’s eyes adjust to low-contrast images, they gradually gravitate to high-contrast images. (Look for Wooden Baby Swing Reviews and Buying Guide)
1# Here are some tips on how to develop a baby’s eyes
- Start with any simple picture about 12 inches from the baby’s face (about the distance from your wrist to your elbow). Hold the images steady and try not to change the pictures until your baby looks away. If the child looks away, you will understand, or it is a sign that the child is losing interest in looking at the pictures. If you pay close attention, you will notice that your child stares at the images for several seconds, even minutes. (Look for Best Baby Swing up to 12 Months II Reviews and Buying Guide)
- Change the photo when the child has lost interest in a picture. In this process, the children’s eyes will become more robust, and you will gradually switch to more complex images.
- You slowly move an image horizontally in front of their face to help them practice visual tracking or following moving objects. You will also see their eye gaze moving along the thing. It is visual tracking. This visual tracking will be an essential skill later for reading, writing, and hand-eye coordination. (Look for Why Do Babies Cry and How to Calm a Crying Baby)
- Offer children high-contrast images in the car during commutes and after meals, and practice this carefully for the first 14 weeks.
2# Protection from multiple and unpleasant sounds
A newborn’s nervous system has no filter. Not that they can recognize it by sight or screen it by hearing it in their ears or feeling it on their skin. The noise of many people at once, such as a coffee shop environment or music playing environment, traffic noise, etc., can distract your baby. It can cause damage to the nervous system. (Look for 10 Best Electric Baby Swing)
3# Help adapt yourself from the position of the womb to the wider environment on Earth
You will see your child looking at the black and white card.
The complex black and white card set from the play kit in the photo is crucial for new babies to stretch from the fetal position outside the womb and use their muscles in new ways. Pictures of different parts can help your child avoid flat spots on their head, as it slowly ingrains in their brain where their body is positioned in space and where they can gradually build strength. In this regard, baby swings, baby strollers, various entertainment items, baby carriers, and car seats are unique and sometimes essential for baby brain development. But keep your baby on a flat surface for some time every day. (Look for 10 Best Baby Swing Under $100 in 2022 II Reviews &Buying Guide)
4# Some essential tips to avoid flat spots in the brain and help your baby gain strength
Professionally experienced pediatric occupational therapist “Rachel Coley” with advanced training in child neurodevelopmental, recommends turning your baby’s head from side to side to prevent permanent flat spots on the head and stiff neck muscles. Most babies cannot point their heads forward. Babies are usually born with a preference for turning their heads to one side, as this process coincides with their time in the womb. So your baby learns to turn both sides by turning his head left and right.
Side sleeping is much better for a baby’s health than stomach sleeping. Lying on the side helps build strength in the baby’s back and stomach and encourages them to bring their arms together. Sleeping this way is a crucial developmental step for the baby. (Look for Graco Oasis Swing Elephant II Review and Buying Guide)
Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Roll up a blanket to support the baby’s back to sleep on their side, and always do this under your supervision.
- You can keep the black and white cards in a permanent cardholder within your child’s sight. It has some elements to engage the child’s vision.
- Switch to the other without doing something continuously for a long time and repeat the previous one after some time.
- Babies also want to enjoy the comfort of lying with their heads on their backs. So sometimes, gently turn their head and change sides. (Look for 8 Best Fisher Price Baby Swings II Reviews and Buying Guide)
5# Keep newborn babies in dim light when awake “This a tip of how to Stimulate Baby Brain Development”
Babies see a dim light in the womb. So after 9 months of living in the dim light of the womb, a newborn’s eyes take a few weeks to adjust to the sunlight outside. When a newborn is awake in low light, he will open his eyes and look around the room for a few moments. Looking this way, in the beginning, helps them get used to working with both eyes together. Avoid intense light, such as direct sunlight, for children. You can gradually change the intensity of the morning to help your baby develop the brain-eye connection. Using a dimmer switch, a low lamp, or curtains, you can avoid light intensity. (Look for 10 Best Outdoor Baby Swing with Stand II Reviews and Buying Guide)
6# Direct connection of the baby’s skin with the parent’s skin
Although sometimes skin-on-skin can feel uncomfortable, it is essential and valuable for a child’s mental and physical development. This skin-on-skin provides many benefits to the baby, such as body temperature regulation, weight gain, better digestion, improved sleep, and increased brain function. Not only that, there are skin-on-skin benefits for parents as well: feel-good hormones are released when parents come into direct skin-to-skin contact with babies. (Look for Baby Nest for Twins Reviews)
Here are some advantages and ideas for skin-on-skin:
- You will get an excellent opportunity for skin-on-skin time while breastfeeding your baby. You put the baby in a diaper and take off your clothes. You can use a blanket over your shoulders to keep your body warm. In this case, remember to do some work before undressing and breastfeeding. Such as they need to use the bathroom, drink a glass of water, and carry a mobile phone or a book. If your baby falls asleep, you can rest or do something else together. (Look for Best Ingenuity Baby Swing II Reviews and Buying Guide)
- Try taking a bath with your baby and have a towel on the floor before entering the bathroom. Have someone outside the bathroom to help you and your baby. A space heater inside the toilet can give you a little extra warmth. But make sure the heater is at a safe distance from the bathtub.
- If you massage with a light coconut oil, it’s great for skin-to-skin contact with the touch of your skin. Babies are best soothed from the center of the body through massage. So start massaging your baby from the chest and slowly move to the legs and arms. (Look for 10 Best Double Stroller for Twins II Reviews and Buying Guide)
- Skin-on-skin works great for dads, moms, and even babysitting siblings. Skin-to-skin contact releases oxytocin if you’re feeling down, anxious, or even a new parent. It is a natural remedy.
7# A Tips of Tummy Time “How to Stimulate Baby Brain Development”
A Recommend the American Academy of Pediatrics that tummy time for full-term babies starts from the first week. That means it starts when the umbilical cord stump falls off. Though some babies love it, unfortunately, it’s not a happy time for others. An investigation by a poll of Love very Instagram followers showed that 52% said their baby’s tummy time reaction was while 48%. You continue this process whether your baby likes it or not because abdominal time is essential for building muscle. (Look for Infant Outdoor Swing Seat II Reviews and Buying Guide)
Some tips at tummy time or how to stimulate baby brain development at tummy time:
- Place your hands under the baby’s shoulders and slowly roll them onto their stomach.
- They prefer to lay their heads to one side on their stomachs to mimic their position while in the womb. In this case, you try to get their attention by propping some black and white cards in a permanent cardholder. (Look for Best Diaper Bag for Twins II Reviews and Buying Guide)
- Play Gym cardholders can also offer black-and-white photos like this video of Steph and Ayesha Curry’s baby. (Look for Graco Duetsoothe Swing and Rocker)
- Move your baby alternately, so the baby’s head is on the opposite side. Head rotation helps strengthen flat spots and tight neck muscles.
- Place the cardholder in front of them so they can see the card image while lifting their chin, thus strengthening their chest. (Look for Nuna Stroller for Twins II Reviews and Buying Guide)
- Any success assessment will last 3 to 5 minutes at a time and a maximum of 2 to 3 sessions a day. If they start crying, you’ll know they’re tired and it’s time for a break.
- Place the baby on a blanket and supervise him. You bend down to talk to him with your hands on his back. See if he tries to lift his head to speak to you. (Look for Baby Swing Weight Limit 40 Lbs II Reviews & Buying Guide)
- Encourage your baby to lift his head by laying him flat on your chest and talking to him in a soft voice. (Look for 10 Best Products for Twins of 2022 II Reviews and Buying Guide)
- Place the baby on your thigh along the center of the abdomen and gently rub the baby’s back.
- Holding the baby upright on your shoulder and gently holding their head strengthens their neck and back muscles. (Look for Graco Glider LX Gliding Swing II Reviews & Buying Guide)
8# Another tips of how to Stimulate Baby Brain Development: “Your voice will boost the baby’s feelings”
Talk to the baby in a pleasant voice. Pleasant voices will respond to the baby’s coos. Slowly raise your voice as you say phrases like “beautiful baby.” This method of talking to the baby is called parenting. Your exaggerated facial expressions and drawn-out intonations help your baby absorb all the sounds in your language. This way, they will act as input to the baby’s brain’s senses to understand speech and produce language. (Look for How to Clean Baby Swing Fabric II A Complete Guide for Parents)
Some tips for talking to your baby:
- Your baby is sitting on your lap reading a lovey-dovey book.
- If your child can see your face, they are more likely to be interested in the same book you are reading. (Look for Bluetooth Baby Swing, 4moms mamaRoo)
- If the baby is awake in a family tour, walk around the house with the baby facing forward or with the head turned to the carrier’s side. Talk to the baby about what you see and feel.
- Talk aloud to your baby about the things you do together and the day’s happy moments describe as. (Look for 10 Best Baby Swing for Small Spaces in 2022 II Reviews & Buying guide)
- Make eye contact with the baby and respond to the baby’s gestures or cues. If they make any noise, talk back to them. Remember that serving your baby and returning his spoken words to him is essential to his brain development. (Look for Outdoor Baby Swing for 6 Month Old II Reviews & Guides)
- You sing to your baby because babies love singing more than talking. Your baby will love your music if you need a better voice. (Look for 8 Best Baby Swing for Twins in 2022 Reviews & Buying Guides)
- Speak to children in a slow, high-pitched, sing-song voice that comes when speaking to children.
- Tell your partner, baby’s grandparents, and other caregivers how important baby talk is for your baby’s developing brain. So encourage them to find ways to talk to your baby as well. The more words children hear from others, the easier it can be for them to acquire language later.
- For more detailed ideas on what to talk about with children, see the Talking Topics book from The Inspector Play Kit. (Look for Taleco Gear Outdoor Indoor Swing Set with Safety Canvas Cushion Seat)
9# Another tips of how to Stimulate Baby Brain Development: “Discover new sounds by the side of baby”
Around 4 weeks early, your baby will show more interest in various new sounds and patterns. In this case, help children build long-lasting neural networks by exposing them to natural sounds from everyday life instead of pre-recorded sounds created by electronic toys. Associate them with different sounds, such as high-pitched, low-pitched, slow, lively, soft, etc., so each word carries a separate sound identity. (Look for Joovy Spoon Baby Walker | Top Rated Baby Walker )
When there is no noise in your room and if the child is alert, generalize their approach: e.g., Jingle your keys, snap your fingers. Although these words are every day to you, they are brand new and exciting to your baby. So try to involve your baby in your activities as much as possible while at home. What you are doing and what they are seeing about it. Talk about it, even if they still don’t understand what you’re saying. (Look for 5 Best Portable Outdoor Baby Swing | Reviews & Guides)
Some word-search ideas to get started with your baby:
- Tear the paper in front of the child.
- Tap a bowl with a spoon, pour dry pasta into a pan, or make normal cooking noises in the kitchen.
- Ring the doorbell or slam the door or open and close the window.
- Play music and dance to the beat. (Look for Fisher Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle n Swing)
- While doing these things, be sensitive to the child’s interest, stimulation, or reactions. Stop or pause your activities if the baby loses interest or is frustrated. (Look for Graco Duetsoothe Swing and Rocker Winslet Reviews)
10# The best ways for babies to discover the world around them: (Continue around 8 weeks)
Baby always wants to wear black and white mittens.
Black and White Mittens from The Looker Play Kit Research shows that if you put black and white patterned mittens on your baby’s hands, they may begin to notice them weeks earlier than others. (Look for Fisher Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing)
Learning to discover the surrounding environment is an essential step toward hand control.
- You can get black-and-white patterned mittens by tying a piece of fabric with a black-and-white design loosely around the baby’s palm. (Look for Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing)
- Place the infant on a plain blanket with no other high-contrast visuals.
- Keep black and white mittens on hand when you are next to your baby.
- See if they notice their hand, or you can gently move their needle into their line of sight to get their attention. (Look for Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper)
A bonus baby brain tip for breastfeeding parents on baby brain development:
Feed baby drop by the nipple. Vitamin D is in the milk that drips from the mother’s nipples. Vitamin D is essential for the baby’s healthy development and is not found in sufficient quantities anywhere else except in the mother’s breast. (Look for Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo II Review and Buying guide)
(Look for Baby Swings Safety Precautions)